1st in the ranking list in Crete, 2012

Add a New Topic Reply to Post
UserPost

15:42
29. March 2013

gotsis

Chania, Kreta, Griechenland

posts 5

Once again I am happy to announce that my Comfortina-32 (hull # 524) came first in the region of Kreta in the ranking list 2013 of open-sea sailing races This ranking takes into consideration the races in the area of Kreta but also participation in all the ORC races in the rest of Greece. There are around 15-20 Cretan sailing boats that participate in these races with lengths between 9 and 13 meters and GPH ratings between 800 and 590.

The skipper (myself) and the crew of AETHRA are faculty and students of the Tecnhical University of Crete (www.tuc.gr). Our next goal is our (annual) participation at the Aegean Rally (http://www.aegeanrally.gr). This year it takes place between 19 and 29 of July. This annual 400-mile race starts in Athens and this year includes visits to the islands of Syros, Patmos and Koufonissi. These are quite outside the tourist track, and the race usually presents some "greek hospitality" of the type that has been lost in Greece since a long time ago.  I think it will be a very good experience for any sailor who can be in eastern Meditteranean in July with his/her boat and a valid ORC certificate. Both for the serious racers and the not-so-serious (ORC Club types).

Best wishes for an exciting sailing season

Alexandros Gotsis

Chania, Kreta, Griechenland

Reply to Post

Reply to Topic:
1st in the ranking list in Crete, 2012

Guest Name (Required):

Guest Email (Required):

NOTE: New Posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed

Smileys
Confused Cool Cry Embarassed Frown Kiss Laugh Smile Surprised Wink Yell
Post New Reply